March 12, 2020
RE: Precautions for COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Assalamu Alaykum Dear community Members and Parents,
I would like to begin by hoping & praying that this letter finds you in the best of health and Iman. Makki Masjid, Madrasah Falah-E-Darain, and MEA management are keeping a close eye on updates and developing information regarding the Coronavirus Disease from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health. We share your concerns about the evolving nature of the Coronavirus, and for that reason, we want to keep you informed about updates and our protocol.
As a community, we should remain proactive by taking these necessary precautions. We need the help of our community members in this effort, by being aware of health guidelines set by our committee, along with taking preventive measures outlined by CDC. Below are recommended everyday practices we can implement, to keep us healthy and avoid illnesses, InshaAllah:
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of the tissue.
· Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
· Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap is not available.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
· Do not share water bottles or similar containers.
· Visit a doctor if you have a fever, cough, body aches, and/or fatigue.
· If you or a family member is sick, stay home and limit contact with others. If the student or family member becomes ill at home with any of these symptoms, please check with your doctor and get tested to determine if it is the regular flu virus. For parents with children attending Madrasa and school, please notify the school of any such diagnosis.
According to the CDC, the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. A detailed list of preventive measure can be found of the CDC’s website. You should self-monitor for symptoms and stay home if sick. For more information, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
Thank you for your patience with these updates. The health and well-being of our community is of utmost importance to us. We are closely monitoring the situation, and will continue to provide ongoing guidance and support.
On Behalf of Makki Masjid,
Siraj Patel, Chairman
| P | 773-677-3175
Email; [email protected]