Makki Masjid History

Timeline


Original Building was Constructed

January 31, 1930

Building converted into a Jewish Community Center

January 1, 1950

Purchased by Koreans to be used as a Church and a Community Center

January 1, 1976

Building was purchased by the Muslim Community and contract was signed.

January 1, 1997

After school Islamic School started

May 1, 1997

Building was named Makki Masjid and prayer service officially commenced

June 14, 1997

An electric short-circuit fire caused extensive damage to the second floor

December 2, 2000

A suspected arson fire in the library caused extensive damage to the whole building

December 11, 2000

Chicago Zoning Department granted permission to re-build two story masjid

February 1, 2002

Reconstruction finished and Makki Masjid re-opened for service

November 7, 2003

Successful Closing on Church extension

March 31, 2016

Photo Gallery


october 2002 22
october 2002 22
« 1 of 106 »